Do you thrive in a challenging environment? Are you a team player? Are you passionate about software development? If so, a client of ours within the financial services industry is seeking to recruit a Software Developer to lead a team of IT gurus.
What is expected of you?
- Analyse and document business requirements
- Liaise with the business to ensure compliance with business requirements and specifications
- Design new software and amend exiting software
- Plan, design and conduct software testing such as correcting defects and re-tests to ensure compliance with supplied specifications and agreed standards
- Assist end-users during user acceptance testing
- Maintain existing software by providing user support
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards
- Install the software product on the client’s existing infrastructure
- Participate in all aspects of the software development methods, tools and/or standards used in the organisation
- Assist in the evaluation and review of software development methods and tools used
- Conduct research related to ICT
What are you expected to bring?
- A degree in ICT or related professional qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of proven software development experience
- Previous development experience or knowledge of ASP.net / VB.net / C# and database development knowledge
- Knowledge of PHP would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of MySQL, database, LINUX, web services and XML projects
- Proficiency in methods and techniques for structured reviews, including reviews of technical diagrams, test plans, business cases and other key deliverables
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Challenging and dynamic working environment
- Health insurance