An international company is looking to recruit a Senior Compliance Executive – MLRO to join a Risk and Compliance team that provides advisory services to clients in the field of AML/CFT compliance.
What is expected of you?
- Contribute to the advisory work provided by the Risk & Compliance department in financial crime compliance
- Develop and manage systems adopted by the department, ensuring their effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide AML/CFT training to clients and employees of companies within the group
- Provide internal support to the companies within the group, in the development of procedures and the application of those procedures
- Assist the MLROs of the different group companies with the fulfilment of their obligations, including the collection of information in respect of suspicious transactions and the reporting of such transactions to the authorities
- Carry out internal and external reviews on the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and the draw up remediation plans
- Assist in the management of the coordination of regulatory examinations
What are you expected to bring?
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in an AML/CFT role
- A University degree or equivalent qualification in a related area
- Expert working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation and the international standards
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- An ablility to excel in a fast-pace environment
- Be able to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation
- Be able to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
What's in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Youthful and dynamic working environment
- Career development opportunities