A leading global car manufacturer is looking for a Senior Accountant to join its insurance unit here in Malta. If you up for a new challenge, we at Ceek would love to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Assist the Head of Accounting in reviewing and analysing business systems and processes, financial data and accounting procedures and suggest improvements where necessary
- Prepare workflows and accounting schemes for upcoming projects and perform user testing acceptance
- Be familiar with new International Financial Reporting Standards and ensuring constant up-to date in its accounting policies and standards
- Providing assistance in the preparation of the insurance entities for the introduction of new IFRS standards, liaising with other stakeholders in order to ensure a smooth transition and compliance with these requirements and actively engage in the transition and documenting periodic status reports as necessary
- Review of annual financial statements under IFRS and liaise with internal and external auditors during interim and year-end audits
- Assist in the monthly financial reporting closure, ensure deadlines are met, and manage and assist any team members to ensure consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting
- Monitor and oversee the allocation of tasks to resources as necessary to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist in other ad-hoc tasks.
What are you expected to bring?
- Be in the final stages of completing ACCA certification or an equivalent qualification
- Have a solid background in accounts, and a strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Previous experience in the insurance industry, more specifically motor insurance would be considered an asset
- Be a good team player and understand the necessity of keeping up within a fast paced work environment and have a dedicated, results-oriented, positive attitude
- Be able to work on your own initiative and have good time-management skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be able a team player
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive remuneration package
- A multi-national working environment
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Opportunity to learn French