We are currently seeking to recruit a Network Engineer to join one of Malta’s leading telecommunications companies. The chosen candidate will be expected to be part of the team responsible for the maintenance, upgrading and support of the voice platforms of the company. If this sounds like everything that you are looking for, Ceek would like to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Take an active and leading role in the HLR, HSS, MSS and IMS areas of responsibility
- Advise the Manager on all aspects of the operations and projects of the platforms under their responsibility
- Monitor and control the execution of installations, configuration of equipment, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Troubleshoot and solve issues on the above systems during and after office hours, as required, in order to ensure service disruption is kept at a minimum
- Collaborating in the execution of projects through the various stages including design, installation, configuration, integration, acceptance, user testing and deployment
- Working on new technologies & commercial offerings to deploy products in a timely manner
- Compile and analyse technical reports, records and statistics when necessary
- Liaising with colleagues both within Core Networks and in other teams as required
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and other operators as required
- Perform all duties and activities assigned in order to ensure that the highest performance standards are obtained
- Provide training to other members of staff
What are you expected to bring?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an Engineering or Technical IT field
- The ability to work well within a team
- Have a positive attitude and can-do approach
- Candidates with IP Routing and Switching, LINUX, SQL and Database, Scripting, Protocol Knowledge of 3GPP and IETF experience will be preferred
- Strong communication, problem solving and logical skills
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a reputable company
- Attractive salary package
- Career prospects