We are seeking to recruit an MLRO for a start-up in Malta. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your experience within the payment services industry.
What is expected of you?
- Ensure compliance on all aspects of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT).
- Develop and assist in the implementation of an upgrade in AML strategy
- Take an active role in strengthening the AML/CFT policies and procedures
- Assist with transaction monitoring
- Provide guidance on changes required to improve AML supervision and financial crime compliance
- Support and influence a culture of AML compliance throughout the organisation
- Assist in the management and execution of an efficient AML compliance monitoring program and ongoing AML reporting
- Perform regulatory AML risk management reports
- Carry out AML risk assessments and follow up with risk mitigation tasks
- Assure adequate suspicious activity reporting, including the relevant correspondence with the authorities
- Evaluate business processes and operations to analyse effectiveness of controls and risk mitigating measures
- Perform ongoing reporting of findings and escalation of incidents
- Contribute to the enhancement of the effectiveness of the AML framework and AML systems
- Raise AML and CFT awareness in the organisation
- Be a member of the Board of Directors of the Institution
- Be responsible to improve and suggest new systems and ways of working including any 3rd party providers and/or internal tech development
- Be an approved person with the Malta Financial Services Authority
- Train staff on all relevant AML, risk and compliance matters
What are you expected to bring?
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of AML best practices
- A detailed understanding of financial services law
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a senior AML position
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the banking and/or payments services industry
- Hold a relevant qualification in financial services, compliance and/or financial/economic crime
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- A great culture that stresses teamwork
- A challenging and diverse environment in a fast-moving industry
- An ambitious and dedicated team of skilled and experienced colleagues