Do you have excellent leadership skills? Are you able to drive a team to success? If so, a client of ours within the manufacturing industry is seeking to recruit a Maintenance & Engineering Manager to join their team!
What is expected of you?
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site, including routine calibration and maintenance requirements
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required
- Manage the process of changes in machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation or disposal in collaboration with all relevant parties
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Manage, coach and develop the Maintenance team
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards
- Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities to optimise results, in line with Company requirements.
What are you expected to bring?
- 5 years’ experience in a leadership level in a technical environment
- Strong organisation, process management, and decision-making skills, including the ability to plan, organise, and schedule the work of others
- Experience in applying LEAN principles and/or familiar with LEAN manufacturing tools will be considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills to provide technical direction to outside contracts and inter-company staff and employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals at all levels within the organisational
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Challenging working environment