Are you seeking to kick-start your career in Software Development? Are you detail oriented and a fast learner? If so, a client of ours within the IT industry is seeking to recruit a Junior Software Developer to join their growing team!
What is expected to you?
- Assist Senior Developers with all aspects of software design and coding
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using SQL
- Attend and contribute to company development meetings
- Learn the codebase and improve your coding skills
- Write and maintain code
- Work on minor bug fixes
- Develop Java-based reports
- Monitor the technical performance of internal systems
- Respond to requests from the development team
- Gather information from consumers about program functionality
- Write reports
- Conduct development tests
What are you expected to bring?
- BSc in Software Development or equivalent Professional Qualification
- If you do not possess any academic qualification, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of software development is required
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems
- Good working knowledge of email systems and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to multi–task, prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment
- Good communication skills in both writing and verbal English
- Knowledge of Maltese and Italian languages (writing and verbal) would be desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career prospects
- Training and development opportunities