Our client, a fast-growing, long established company with interests in the Development, Construction, Hospitality and Health Care sectors is seeking to recruit a Junior Quantity Surveyor.
What is expected of you?
- Estimate Cost of Works
- Provide procurement advice
- Prepare Bill of Quantities
- Undertake cost analysis for project work
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Perform value management and cost control
- Prepare and filing of tenders, analysing costings for tenders
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Certify payments to suppliers and contractors
- Perform feasibility studies of client requests
- Resolve disputes
- Design plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) software
- Carry out site surveys
- Prepare detailed work progress reports
- Measure and value works, compiling take-offs and drawing up draft certificates of payment using technology provided by the Company
- Understand the implications of health and safety laws and regulations
- Any further connected and ancillary duties as may be required by the Company from time to time
What are you expected to bring?
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to negotiate
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a prestigious group of companies
- Career prospects