We are seeking to recruit a Junior Legal Counsel (iGaming) to join a renowned gaming company based in Malta. If you are looking for a new challenge, we at Ceek would love to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Provide and support the team with legal advice
- Draft & review legal documents and conduct negotiations on behalf of the company
- Provide senior management with the required support regarding the interpretation of the assigned legal documents
- Verify that the company meets its obligations in terms of all corporate and government legislation
- Plan legal research on multi-disciplined aspects of law and provide advice with respect to the company’s processes with regards to better regulation policies
- Represent the company in any court cases as required and assist the police force in criminal cases which are gaming related as well as in local and international conferences & meetings
- Keep up to date with all international and local developments conducive to the company’s regulatory functions
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by senior management
What are you expected to bring?
- A Law degree and a valid warrant to practice Law in Malta and Gozo
- Thorough understanding of Maltese and EU legislation; including governing gaming in Malta
- Previously worked or trained in other legal roles
- Strategic mindset, goal oriented, and can work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Be flexible, organised, and attentive to detail
- Be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as in a group
- Be able to own, action and meet deadlines
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary package and other benefits
- Dynamic and multinational environment