A well-established Maltese financial institution is currently seeking to recruit a Head of Risk responsible for the development and implementation of a risk management framework. If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Formulate, articulate and develop a risk appetite and infrastructure statement in line with the business strategic objectives, including methodology, MI and reporting
- Establish and develop all risk controls required by the regulatory framework to remain within the agreed risk appetite
- Ensuring that the Risk and Control Frameworks are adequate, effective and updated as approved by the Senior Management
- Report risk information and management information directly to the CEO and Board Committee
- Work closely with the CEO, CFO, Head of Compliance and other members of the Management Committee to develop key risk control documents
- Develop Operational & Conduct Risk Management frameworks for the Institution including policies, procedures, methodology and MI
- Develop the methodologies for calculating the various risk drivers for both capital and liquidity including the stress testing framework
- Oversee fraud risk management ensuring processes and controls are fit for purpose and managed
What are you expected to bring?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Be PQed by the MFS
- Good knowledge and experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, in relation to the Maltese financial services context
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to manage risk and control activities in a regulated and financial environment
- Proven ability to oversee a number of risk types, ideally including operational, conduct, regulatory and strategic risks
- An analytical mind with an aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and ability to influence and motivate others
What's in it for you?
- An attractive salary
- A professional working environment