Do you possess leadership and good communication skills? Are you assertive and able to handle pressure? If so, a client of ours within the hospitality industry is seeking to recruit a Head of Maintenance to join their dynamic team!
What is expected of you?
- Ensure a safe, well maintained premises where everything functions as it should and where all maintenance power costs are within budgeted controls
- Always ensure efficient preventative maintenance procedures, and a quick reaction to maintenance requirements from guests and staff
- Participate in budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and ensure the maintenance team’s commitment to achieve this
- Maintain and enforce the premises’ protection and energy saving policies
- Ensure that technical drawings, certificates and records are current and properly filed
- Co-operate and co-ordinate with all other departments especially housekeeping, front of house and food and beverage
- Ensure that the building plant and equipment are maintained to their full life expectancy
- Establish service quality standards for the department, which accurately reflect what happens in the day to day work situations
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in guiding the maintenance staff into a highly skilled and flexible team in which each individual member is well trained, properly managed and highly motivated.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager to ensure total safety at the place of work where all maintenance matters are concerned, particularly during repairs, and after modifications are carried out.
- Be aware and involved in the fire evacuation and security procedures, and ensure that firefighting and any other emergency equipment is periodically checked and maintained in good working order
What are you expected to bring?
- 2 years’ experience working in a similar environment
- HTD level of technical education or equivalent
- Wireman’s licence A&B
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Challenging working environment