We are seeking to recruit a Head of Finance and Administration, to be responsible for the day to day management of the finance department in a leading aviation company based in Malta. If you are looking for a new challenge, we at Ceek would love to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Oversee the day to day processing of financial and accountancy related documentation so that up to date financial statements can be produced at any time
- Reconcile the accounting records with external and maintain supporting documentation for all general ledger accounts as well as managing general cost controlling
- Provide analyses, detailed statements and support with specific assignments, audits or reviews
- Provide clients with financial controlling data on a monthly basis and more detailed on a quarterly basis with transparency in recharging operational cost and report appropriately
- Provide insight into business performance against competitor and industry trends
- Guide the accounting team and maintain an “open door” and “lead by example” mentality as well as ensuring an efficient and close collaboration with other departments
- Guarantee timely and correct periodic closings while managing contact with auditors, tax advisors and other consultants
- Review and approve payments as well as oversee cash flow monitoring
- Ensure that all legal requirements of the Maltese laws and regulations are always maintained
- Investigate any tax, financial or operational risk and establish optimizations and efficiency improvements to intercept these
- Organize and follow up the monthly closing process for the finance department
- Perform a whistle-blower function in the broadest sense
What are you expected to bring?
- Posses a University Degree in Accountancy or Finance or the ACCA qualification and also be in possession of a CPA warrant
- Have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the finance field
- A wide range of finance knowledge related to administrative, logistic, sales and operational processes including internal control, taxation rules and legislation and consolidation
- Experience in financial audit and the ability of working with an international group will be considered as assets
- Experience in participating in Management Teams, being a team player and a natural in People's Management are a must
- Have an accurate, stress resistant and solution oriented approach with a solid analytical and critical mindset
- Proficiency in verbal and written Maltese and English
- Ability to understand, adopt and implement the company policies and procedures and demonstrate initiative to improve them
- Be IT driven, having mastery of MS Excel is a must, knowledge Microsoft Navision or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central will be considered an asset
- Be willing to travel
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive remuneration package
- An excellent opportunity to take your career to the next step
- A dynamic fast paced working environment