Our client, a top player within the hospitality industry, is seeking to recruit a Head Chef to oversee and direct all operational aspects of a busy hotel kitchen.
What is expected of you?
- Report directly to the Executive Chef
- Provide functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation
- Coordinate functions and activities with the Food and Beverage Service Manager/ Events Manager
- Supervise the functioning of all kitchen employees, facilities, costs and contributes to maximizing the overall Food and Beverage profit
- Control and analyse the quality levels of production and presentation, guest satisfaction, payroll and food costs, cleanliness and hygiene
- Responsible for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure highest quality at all times
- Control stock for daily use in restaurants, and to ensure service requirements are met
- Participate in the preparation of the Food and Beverage department budgets and goals
What are you expected to bring?
- Be highly organised and smart in appearance
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to manage a team
- Good knowledge of HACCP
- Be able to manage costs
- Be available to work shifts
- Be creative
- An ability to handle the responsibility for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items and ensure highest quality at all times
What’s in it it for you?
- Energetic working environment
- Challenging environment
- Work with a multi-cultural team