Do you have excellent leadership skills? Are you up for a new challenge? If so, we want to hear from you! A client of ours is seeking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their dynamic team. The role will entail being responsible for directing and coordinating the design, establishment and optimisation of the financial management value chain of the company.
What is expected of you?
- Lead and mentor the Finance Department which includes payroll, purchasing and cost controls teams
- Manage the Finance Department in line with the company’s strategic and business objectives
- Pro-actively lead and participate in the design of strategic plans related to the Company
- Provide advice, guidance, direction and authorisation to staff with regards to plans, policies and procedures
- Monitor variances and forecast each cost centre
- Operate within the corporate financial structures and controls of the company
- Work with the company’s Human Resources team to ensure that annual development and training plans are designed and implemented with regards to the Finance Department
- Develop a positive and team-oriented culture within the Finance Department
- Assist the Director of Finance in internal, external and other audits undertaken within the Finance Department
- Direct the review, updating, and implementation of existing internal accounting systems and introduce new systems and controls where appropriate
- Direct and / or contribute to feasibility studies, cost benefit assessments and due diligence studies as required
- Develop accounting and financial management competencies and ensure compliance to all financial and accounting methodologies, polices and validations
- Direct the preparation of tax returns and tax computations for the Company
What are you expected to bring?
- A relevant qualification in Finance or Accountancy
- Experience within the hospitality industry will be considered an asset
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pleasant working environment
- New challenges every day