Our client, a top player within the hospitality industry, is seeking to recruit an Events Coordinator who will be responsible for the well being of clients and guests through constant co-ordination with other departments.
What is expected of you?
- Ensures administrative work is up-to-date and maintains updated records in the operating system
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication and effective relations with colleagues and clients
- Ensure that a high standard of liaison is maintained with all departments
- Assist to upsell on rooms, F&B and any other revenue generating product
- Actively contribute towards achieving Revenue Plan objectives
- Ensure that all refused business is recorded with reasons of refusal
- Monitor customer feedback
- Collect information and build a database of guests’ (bookers and residents) history
- Co-ordinate events happening in-house
- Provide all information and guidance for the client in order to obtain accurate event specifications
- Conduct pre and post event meetings with clients including hosting and show rounds of the hotel’s venues
- Participate at the annual Weddings Fair and any other ‘open days’ happening at the hotels’ venues
- Issue Event Quotes and follow up accordingly
- Ensure that the Hotel’s overall standards are retained
What are you expected to bring?
- At least have a minimum of 1 year selling/organizing weddings/social events
- Very well organised and smart in appearance
- Be fluent in Maltese, English and another European language
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience and exposure in a hotel and/or F&B environment will be an advantage
- Computer literacy
- Excellent knowledge of Opera Sales and Catering will be an advantage
- Have strong negotiation, communications, inter-personal and presentation skills
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays
What's in it for you?
- Energetic working environment
- Challenging environment