We are currently seeking to recruit a DevOps Specialist to join our client’s Digital Team. If you are seeking an integrative role which allows you to keep in contact with other teams as well as managing software release activities, we at Ceek would like to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Interact with different departments to validate and execute the new software and system roll-outs
- Maintain and improve software releases processes and ensure that the team is using the best industry tools and practices
- Work closely with development teams to help select tools, design infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build and release process
- Coordinate testing and staging environments across teams and ensure QA processes are followed through
- Keep yourself updated with latest DevOps practices and tools
- Maintain and report upon suitable KPIs
- Support the software delivery, QA and Test Automation teams as required in meeting objectives and striving for continuous improvement
- Undertake any other role as directed by superiors
What are you expected to bring?
- Basic programming/scripting skills in programming languages prevalent in the industry
- Experience working on different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX
- Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL
- Familiarity with the software development life-cycle and Agile processes
- Experience using applications and tools across the various DevOps domains such as Jira, Confluence, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Spring Cloud Config, Soap UI, Docker, SonarQube and Nexus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years or relevant experience in software development ideally in DevOps or release management role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical level gathered from experience
- Experience using applications and tools such as Kubernetes and OpenShift
What’s in it for you?
- Career stability
- Dynamic environment
- Commensurate salary