Are you exceptional? Do you take pride in your work and care about doing a good job? Are you looking for a position within a company that promotes growth? If so, we are looking for a highly motivated Database Administrator for one of our global clients.
What is expected of you?
- Be responsible for the overall database architecture, design, installation, configuration, technical support, and maintenance of the Oracle Enterprise databases (12c +) in Oracle Cloud and On-Premises environments
- Monitor database performance, recommend improvements and implement changes to achieve higher performance
- Manage Oracle Database software and its utilities and tools: SQL Plus, Data Pump, RMAN, Oracle Cloud control, etc.
- Analyse and troubleshoot performance issues and monitor performance
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data backup and recovery and formulate and monitors policies, procedures, and standards related to database management
- Provide assistance with other non-database related tasks for which training will be provided
- Provide technical leadership to teammates
- Be prepared to be on-call rotation
What you are expected to bring?
- 3+ years of experience in deploying and maintaining Oracle and Active Data Guard environments
- Experience working with Oracle Cloud or similar
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Robust troubleshooting skills
- The ability to work on own initiative with an international team spanning different time zones
- An ability to multi-task while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to create clear documentation
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written
- A preference for collaboration and open communication
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work in a large, global institution
- Market-related salary
- Growth opportunities