Do you have strong managerial and leadership skills? Are you results-oriented? If so, an established company within the Hospitality industry is seeking to recruit an Assistant Maintenance Manager to join their professional team!
What is expected of you?
- Ensure a safe, well-maintained environment where everything functions as it should, and all maintenance power costs are within the budgeted controls
- Conduct efficient and preventative maintenance procedures at all times
- Maintain effective security controls within the department to ensure purchases are in compliance with the company policy
- Maintain and enforce the company’s protection and energy saving policies
- Ensure a continual flow of water and power at the most economical level, and monitor consumption levels compared to budgets
- Lead by example by stressing attention to detail, a high standard of finish, attentive and personal service to guests, sales awareness and personal initiative
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in guiding the maintenance staff into a highly skilled and flexible team in which each individual member is well trained, properly managed and highly motivated.
- Be involved in the fire evacuation and security procedures, and ensure that firefighting and any other emergency equipment is periodically checked and maintained in good working order
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Managers and Heads of Departments
- Conduct any other requests given by the Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager or the General Manager
What are you expected to bring?
- Work experience within the field will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Materials Control
- Assertiveness, efficiency and organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career prospects
- Dynamic working environment